Kelly Tarlton's SEA LIFE Aquarium is Auckland's leading school excursion venue, with thousands of students visiting each year!
General Excursion Info
On display is a large and comprehensive collection of aquatic life, and Antarctic Penguins, housing hundreds of animals representing many different species.
Kelly Tarlton's comprises of the Antarctic Ice Adventure with a new Penguin viewing room and a replica of Scott's Hut. Stingray Bay features giant stingrays, the NIWA interactive room has games and activities, Shark Tank and Oceanarium tank with thousands of native fish, Fish Gallery hosts tropical varieties, Eels and Crays, and the Seahorse Kingdom showcases weird and wonderful Seahorse species.
Kelly Tarlton's offers educational visits for students from pre-school through to tertiary level. Our qualified teachers possess in-depth knowledge of their subject matter and are happy to design lessons to meet your particular curriculum needs. Lessons are based on sound educational principles, and designed to enhance the overall experience enjoyed at Kelly Tarlton's.
For general information on school excursions to Kelly Tarlton's please click here.
Excursions can be self-guided, or our education staff can also provide a curriculum-based classroom lesson (approx. 45 minutes).
Student Excursion Admission Rates (until 31/12/2017)
Student Excursion Admission Rates
$12.50 - Pre-school (3 years+) to Year 13
$12.50 - Disabled (1:1 Carers ratio)
$15.00 - Language Schools
$15.00 - Tertiary
$31.00 - Adult Supervisors (Extra adults and teachers above FOC ratio)
Adults (including teachers) supervising student groups are offered free admission on the following ratios:
1 free adult per 3 pre-school students (3- 5 year old students)
1 free adult per 6 students (Years 0 - 13)
1 free adult per 1 disabled student
1 free adult per 10 Tertiary school students
1 free adult per 10 Language school students
Planning Your Excursion
Useful tips and info to help teachers plan a school excursion to Kelly Tarlton's SEA LIFE Aquarium.
- The Aquarium is open from 9.30am to 5.30pm every day with last admissions STRICTLY 4.00pm
- School excursions are permitted at any time during opening hours
- It is recommended you allow at least one and a half hours at the Aquarium
- Excursions can be self-guided, or our education staff can also provide a curriculum-based classroom lesson (approx. 45 minutes)
- Bookings are essential and should be made at least two weeks in advance
- Payment is made on the day by cash, school cheque or credit card, or by invoice on approval. Students cannot pay individually
To make a school excursion booking enquiry please phone us on: +64 9 531 5157
For more information on school excursions at Kelly Tarlton's SEA LIFE Aquarium tap here to visit our main website